Monday, March 1, 2010

2010 A New Year

As you can tell I am not a good blogger.
I will try to do better this year. But don't hold your breath!
This year started out with a bang. Project Linus and lots of other volunteer organizations paired up with Disney. My 10-20 hour a week volunteer hobby went to a 120 a week non paying job. At 12:01 New Years Day my nwpa@projectlinus email box went crazy. I spent the first weekend of the New Year at my computer 20 hours a day answering hundreds of emails, creating and sending out information packets. We never expected this kind of response. As of today we have close to 1,000 blankets come in from this opportunity. All I can say is thank goodness my co-assistant JoAnn came home from camp on Monday. I could not have kept up with all of this without her. I have such a wonderful team of volunteers helping label blankets.

Family: Kids and grand-kids are dong fine. Fred and I got to go away and be just us again for the night in almost 2 years.

Crocheting: I am working on a pineapple shawl and dish cloths.

I guess that is it for now,
tena

No comments: